I can't figure out why my son wont sleep

Ok so for the longest time my son wouldn't fall asleep on his own. We finally got over that hump and it's been about two months (he's now 9 months). Nowadays he falls asleep at 6ish and wakes up on 4 times by 10. And then another 5 times by 5 am. And it's not just the moaning, it full on cry till I get there, has to sleep with me/hates sleeping with me. Meaning that when I try to cosleep he will for about 10 minutes then breaks free of our cuddle then rolls around my bed and starts freaking out when I'm not touching him.
During the 4th of July he had an ear infection and it cleared up fast. We also switched formulas (ped and I thought it might help) his chronic diarrhea. Well now he's pooping every 3-4 days and i"m not sure if that's the problem. He's naps in the morning have been really great compared to what they have been in the past. So I give him a bit (1-2 oz a day mixed into a bottle) of prune juice every other day. It

MegPin

Asked by MegPin at 12:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it possible that he's teething>?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sometimes they just go through strange sleeping schedules. I hope things get figured out soon.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sorry it cut off half of what I posted here is the rest
    . It helps him poop, but his sleep is still craptacular.
    So now i'm thinking it's teething. No. I've tried ibuprofen/Tylenol switch of every 4 hours, that hasn't helped. Now iIve tried two different types of teething tablets, no bueno. And I can't feel any bumps or see any, but that doesn't mean anything.
    He also started preschool at the beginning of July. . if that helps figure out what's going on. As you are all aware, I'm tired and need a fix, or an idea, or anything. Help please! oh and he started crawling two weeks ago. . . .

MegPin

Comment by MegPin (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Growth spurt could be a culprit too. Teething too, mines been teething for awhile now, I'd say mths & is barely gettin her two teeth at 10 1/2mths old
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I feel your pain! My dd is 10 months old and for the past week has been up for 3-4 hours in the middle of the night, the only way she will stay clam is if I hold her. A friend told me that at this age babies imaginations are starting to develop more and their dreams become more vivid so it could be a case of nightmares. Ive had about 6 hours of sleep in 5 days...I havent been this tired since I brought her home from the hospital!! hopefully it is just a phase, but just know you are not alone lol good luck!!
    SavannasMommy09

Answer by SavannasMommy09 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010