Have you ever taken a cooking class or are you self taught?

If you have taken a class, what was the class?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 12:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Self taught really. My mother never coked when I was a kid, so when I moved in with my first boyfriend, I had no idea what I was doing. I would just throw things together, things that I thought sounded good. Most of the time it ended up working out, but I will admit there were a fair number of disasters. But now, almost 10 years later, I am an AMAZING cook. Actually, I have written a cook book & given it away as gifts, but never published.......maybe one day.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am most serf self taught lol if u need recipies I got some to had out :))
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 12:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Self taught, but it's not really fair since I've been working in food service since fourteen...so I've been taught by a couple of decent chefs that no one's ever heard of. So it's not at all trendy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i use to cook with my mom a lot. she taught me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Never took a class. I've either gotten recipes online, from cookbooks, or from friends and family. Last year for Mabon I made pumpkin pie bread. It was my first attempt at bread and it was AMAZING! I'm going to make it again this year, and maybe try some other kinds of bread, too. I love baking stuff lol. I'm not so great with a skillet, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am self-taught and apparently the first woman in my family that actually can cook. I'm surprised I didn't die from food poisoning as a child. My Mom still can't cook meat thoroughly.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I took cooking in high school when I was a sophomore so that was 20 years ago. A lot of the things I learned, I retained like how to make bread and soups. When I lived in Italy, my landlord's wife taught me how to make a lot of Italian dishes and how to break down a squid if I ever wanted to make calamari. I had a Filipino nanny for my daughter and she taught me how to make lumpia and pancit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Self taught.........
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Self taught or from dad, grandma and Nana. Oh, I did have Home Ec in 9th grade but that was a waste of time. How many people make Baked Alaska for their families?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• im an observer i learned frm my gma and mom =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010