when will baby show?

went to obgyn today and they said i am 6 weeks and 4 days along. they did an ultrasound to see if they could figure out what the pain is coming from. they found a cyst on my ovaries which i was told wouldnt cause a positive pregnancy test. and they found the sac but no baby in it. and no baby in cyst. im scared. worried. lost. confused and in need of some advice. what would cause baby to not be there? and, my younger brother mentioned something im not sure if it can happen or not...but, can a dead egg be fertilized and cause a positive pregnancy test

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You just need a repeat ultrasound in about a week. A lot of women only see a sac that early on. Don't think the worst yet because everything may be perfectly fine. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree with Erin. When you have an early ultrasound, it is very common to only see the Sac. Give it a week or two and have a repeat ultrasound and I bet they will see the little one growing in there. Best of Luck Mama!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I hope all goes well. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my doctor actually scheduled me for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. and then on the 18th ill have another.
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• at 5 weeks I had a ultrasounds and it was too early to see a baby...so everything could be fine if you have no other symptoms of miscarriage. Wait a few weeks while and go back for another ultrasound. You due date may be off as well.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I dont have an answer but i send you my best wishes.

MaverickMama

Answer by MaverickMama at 1:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i hope its not a miscarriage. :'(
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• thanks maverick.
    williams81209

• At 6 weeks just seeing the sack is common, at 7 weeks baby starts to look like a peanut and late in 7th week you can usually see and hear the heart beat on ultrasound but that can take till week 8. had my 1st ultrasound at 9 weeks and heart beat was already strong, friend had ultrasound same week with same results as you 2 weeks later you could clearly see her baby and heart was going strong.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 11:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010