A quick, easy, and delicious recipe is No-Bake Cookies. You don't use the oven, so it won't heat up your house! Here's the basic recipe (you can double or triple the recipe as needed, but this makes about 4 dozen cookies):
* 2 cups white sugar
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup margarine
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 pinch salt
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
2. Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
3. Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.
at 10:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2010