This is so fair, don't you agree?

When I cook a meal, I wash all the dishes if they aren't already clean (hey, we have a tiny sink and sometimes we don't feel like washing them right away lol), prepare everything, then wash and put away everything afterwards after serving everyone. When SO cooks, I wash all the dishes, help make the food usually, serve myself and sometimes everyone else, then do all the cleanup.

Anyone else think this is just so fair (can you feel the sarcasm lol)?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Whoever cooks shouldn't have to do dishes!!
    tarver_kathryn

Answer by tarver_kathryn at 7:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• meals are all on me, all the time. including cooking, serving, and cleaning up. dh made a frozen pizza the other night and burned it. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we have a rule in our house whoever cooks the other cleans. which usually means dishes will sit around until the am because he's too lazy and i refuse to do his chores, but I will eventually because I need the space for breakfast.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds like how it was at my place, It didnt matter who cooked him or i and i still ended up cleaning up, and serving and feeding our sons. And even though he said he would do the dishes, of course he never did.
    MaverickMama

Answer by MaverickMama at 12:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Lol I cook and then I make the hubb do the doshis or no tv or vidio games lol and there done ! Lol
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 12:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• In our house...whoever cooks, does not do dishes. My husband cooks often and is really good at it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No it's not fair, but if he takes a long time washing the dishes or leaves behind nastiness on the dishes I would rather wash them.

My SO usually cooks and cleans, and sometimes I have my spurts of wanted to too, so we just go by whoever feels like it at the time.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think its a bad idea to compare who does what, especially in marriage. It should be about serving eachother with love, not about keeping tallies. That can be very damaging to a marriage.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We had a roommate, back when I didn't have a baby yet, and he never washed his dishes and they would sit for so long that I would do them. So one day we lust left all of his dishes on the counter by the sink and then we put them in his room when the kitchen started to stink, lets just say he was pissed but then he was on top of his dishes after that.

Maybe you could do something similar, I know it's kind of childish but it's also funny, maybe put them in a little box in his car after they build up a little. LOL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My dad was an amazing man. Once I was old enough to not have kitchen duty anymore cause I worked at night, or had school at night, my dad took over my old job. My mom was a SAHM and my dad worked and she made him dinner and he always did the dishes once I was off dish duty. I wish there where more guys like my dad...I miss you pop,,this one is for my dad!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010