What are the signs of a bladder infection???

I know of the hurting when peeing and having to pee all the time but is there any other symptoms? I really am not having the hurting when peeing but just a constant pain down south. It isnt an itching or anything. It does feel like I need to pee. Does anyone know if the over the counter pain meds work? I am in so much pain. AAAHHHHH!!! I had one when I was pregnant with my 16mth old and it took forever and TONS of meds to get rid of it. It was a REALLY bad infection and even put me into labor a week early!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 12:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• When I've had bladder infections, it only really hurts right when I'm done peeing. Sometimes you'll have a fever if a bladder infection is bad enough, and I've even had them to where there was blood in my pee. The constant pain is what makes me think it may not be a bladder infection. Regardless,I think you need to go to the doctor as soon as you can. They can give you pain meds for whatever it is.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Similar to yeast infection but worse. A little blood in urine too.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You might want to google intersticial cysitis. If it sounds like you, make an appointment with a urologist. The earlier you do something about it, the better. Mine was easily controled with diet and detrol LA, but they need to rule out a bladder infection and a few other things first. .
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There is a kit available over the counter now that can help you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I forgot, there is a test now. It look and works like a pregnancy test and it tells you if you have a UTI or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks everyone. Lovinangels have you used the kit and does it work? That is what I am worried about! Thanks
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• IT BURNS SOMETIMES WHEN YOU PEE AND YOUR BACK WILL HURT
    evette311

Answer by evette311 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well my back doesnt hurt and I am not having the burning when I pee. Its a dull constant pain down there and it has little twinges of sharp pains. I just want it over! LOL
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well when I was out today I got the test strips and the pills and I do have a uti. The strip turned positive almost instantly when the pee went across it! So I am taking the pills and drinking drinking loads of water and juice. Thanks for all the advise mommas!!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010