What age do your little ones start preschool???

Im just curious because my little girl will be 3 February of next year and i was just wondering about that...I dont want to send her off to early but at the same time i want her to succeed.

srbaby7

Asked by srbaby7 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son went to a preschool that was part of his daycare last year. He started in September, and he was 2. October 31st he turned three. Now he'll be starting a regular preschool Sept. 14th. He'll almost be 4.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 1:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• MINE STARTED AT AGE 5
    evette311

Answer by evette311 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if you belive he is ready for preschool you should sign him up sometime all depends on the school sometimes they wort expect them till they are 4 or till they can do certain things. I have a daugher who is 3 now and almost 4 but seen around her your child has to be either turing 4 or be 4 to be in preschool and to be able to almost count and amost say his abc sometimes not. Like i said i would talk to the school and ask them if you can sign him up and the school will see if he is ready for preschool on how he dose. Well good luck.
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 2:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughter will be starting next year. She just turned 4 but here in Texas they go by your income and they would not allow my daughter to go to pre school. We can not afford to send her to a school so since I am a stay at home mom I have gone out and bought tons of learning stuff for her and I will be teaching her at home. Kind of sucks they go by our income, that shouldn't matter. We pay school taxes so not fair my daughter gets to be a year behind others.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 4:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Here a child must be 4 by Sept. 1 to start preschool that year and they must be fully potty trained. I wouldn't want to send my kids any younger but my kids were never in a daycare so maybe that makes a difference.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Hmm... none of my kids went to preschool. We couldn't afford it and I'm home so why. I have a class room in my basement and we did school everyday. My oldest will be graduating from High School in June, my second son only has a year left and my little peep is starting kindergarten in two weeks.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My middle son and daughter both started at 2 - three half days/week. My oldest didn't start until 3 but he went 5 half days/week starting out. My younger two I will start at 2.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm schooling my daughter here at home. I worked in a preschool and the kids weren't learning anything because they were too focused on playing and goofing off. They wouldn't sit still, they wouldn't listen. They were always trying to talk or aggravate the child next to them. I think my daughter will benefit better if I school her one on one.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 2:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My son started at 2.5 for only 2 days a week at 1/2 days. He has learned so much in almost 3 years of preschool. He has learned to wait turns, share, sit at a desk, follow a routine, all his numbers, colors, he can write all his letters and numbers, he can spell small words and his name. He can write his name freestyle now. But the most important part was socialization. All of these things are very important when starting kindergarten. As a teacher....I know which kids went to some preschool and which ones did not. It is obvious.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Also if you can afford I would look into private preschools. I sent my son to one..best money ever spent. He still goes to the same one and he is starting their pre-k program this month. Compared to our public school pre-k my son is ahead.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010