Has anyone ever used HCG Hormone for weight loss?

Tell me your success stories! :)

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 1:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I talked to a lady who tried it and she said that she had to follow a very strict diet with it that was pretty low in calories. She lost weight but it was probably more from the calorie restriction than anything. It does sound interesting though.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• One of my soccer teammates has done it, but again very strict calorie intake. I too think it's from the calorie restrictions.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The HCG hormone injections release stored fat cells/calories from the body so the person does not feel hunger. Yes its a very low calorie intake but the HCG burns and uses up the stored fat as energy so the body does not go into starvation mode. without the HCG the body would go into starvation mode and the person would pass out.

My friend used HCG to loose 10lbs before her wedding. She looked incredible! she didnt look malnutritioned or sickly. She looked wonderful! she lost all her weight in the problem areas... it sounds amazing!
    mercilove

Comment by mercilove (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Everyone at the school I teach has been doing the HCG diet with success. My only concern is that you're introducing a pregnancy hormone in your body when you're not pregnant. The reason you loose so much weight is because your body burns a ridiculous amount of calories naturally when you're pregnant, and the HCG shot kinda tricks your body. You cannot exercise because of your low calorie intake vs. the calories you are burning naturally.
    I think it's great for a short-term weight loss plan, like what your friend did for her wedding. My step-mom tried it for a week and lost 3 lbs her first day!! I personally would be fearful of using it for a long period of time ... like for those who are clinically overweight/obese and need to loose 40 lbs +
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010