My two year old will sleep ANYWHERE but her bedroom... Any ideas?

She will sit down, close her eyes and sleep in the car, on the floor, in my bed, on the couch, chair, the bathtub... LOL literally the kid will sleep anywhere, but try putting her in her bed she whines and gets up ten times before she actually goes to sleep. She has been in a toddler bed for a year and for about 8 months she has been waking in the middle of the night and coming to get in my bed. I get up with her and take her back to her room, but have to hold her until she falls asleep. Even when she is worn OUT and ready to crash, she just doesn't want her room..

Is she having nightmares or is scared of her room, or is she just trying to "get her way" and not have to sleep in there? Or is it something else entirely?? Any ideas and/or suggestions?

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• May be there is sth that is really concerned of about the room.Since she is repeating the same thing ask her why & what she hates about the room.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LET HER SLEEP WHERE SHE WANTS FOR NOW TRY TO FIND OUT EXACTLY WHY SHE DOEN'T WANT TO SLEEP IN HER ROOM
    evette311

Answer by evette311 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When this problem arises on SuperNanny she says to put the child into bed, close the door,and leave. Let the kid cry. If it comes back out repeat procedure. Don't stay with the child while they fall asleep.
    I was also watching raising sextuplets and they had a counselor come over to address this issue. She had them put the kids to bed and lock the door. The kids eventually stopped crying and went to sleep.
    You have to be tough I guess.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm having the same problem but this is one momma who would not lock her baby in the bedroom like that, I feel it would be traumatizing JMO. Plus if she fell asleep beside the door she could get hurt if you opened it to check on her. Ive been thinking maybe a baby gate at her doorway, she couldnt get out and I wouldnt have to worry about her running around the house unsupervised in the middle of the night. She could see out and you could see in, so she wouldnt feel cut off or abandoned. My two year old has learned on her own how to turn the tv on with the remote and put in a dvd and start it, makes me nervous thinking about her doing that while we sleep so she has been sleeping with me.
    texasmomma5

Answer by texasmomma5 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just keep putting her in her bed even if it takes 30 times. Also put her there for naps when at home. Eventually she'll learn that is where we sleep.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010