Activities for 10 yr old

I would like to get my 10 yr old into something where she can meet some people and make some friends. However, she is like me and does not enjoy sports. We have tried Dance classes and Gymnastic type things and she does not like that. She can't be out in the heat for long periods of time due to a heart defect. Does anyone else have any ideas?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• How about a youth group or youth church group.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 10 year old loves her art class, that sounds perfect for your daughter too.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Scouts-my dd's group doesnt do anything that involves outside unless water with it.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Art, photography, volunteer work.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughters stay busy with sports, but if they didn't play them, I would have signed them up for Girl Scouts. They would like to be in Girl Scouts, but it would be too much to do it all & they pick sports over anything else. Check your daughter's school & community places such as the library that may offer other options. Our local library will have classes every now & then. My 10 yr old just spent a couple of hours learning how to make friendship bracelets with a group of girls at the library. You might want to check out a group called Destination Imagination to see if your school participates. One of my daughters did it for the first time last year & she loved it. It was a lot of fun. Small groups of students use creativity & problem solving skills to create skits & other things. Band or choir are other options.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2010