Nursery Theme

Are you having a girl or boy and what is your nursery theme?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We bought Lambs & Ivy Enchanted Forest bedding and mobile. I am going to coordinate the room color with the bedding. I am going to add an artificial tree and place a stuffed animal (owl) in one of the branches. Also, I have seen cute ideas where you could add a tree limb coming out from the wall and add little things to decorate it but since we are renting it wouldn't be the best option for us to do that. Etsy.com has some cute things such as owl shaped pillows that we were going to add to the decor. Also, I want to get a large deer stuffed animal (possibly Bambi) to add to stand under the tree. Etsy.com also had a 'fairy portal' to add to the enchanted theme because that's a cute wyay for the supposed "tooth fairy" to enter the room (just a tiny door that attaches usually to the bottom near the baseboards). Cocooncouture.com also has some cute shelves and hooks but I haven't had the money for that yet!
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I chose Winnie the Pooh...it's classic and we never find out the gender so it goes with either a girl or boy. It also has a high resale value as it never goes out of style. Happy decorating!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well if I was haveing a girl it would be lighr light pink and a light coffie brown
    and for a boy it would be brown and blue or brown and green :))
    jmcwilly

Answer by jmcwilly at 2:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• For my little girl i chose just regluar bears with baby green that way if i didn't have a girl at least a boy would still fit the theam. But if i knew for 100% knowing i was having i would chose: Like Pink or Purple or yellow with like either pooh bear or care bears or something girly and as for a boy i would chose something like jungle animals , or zoo animals or light green or a light or dark blue i would go with some times like certain animal like elephants or geriffes or something that would represnt a boy.
    artzone

Answer by artzone at 2:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm having a girl, I chose lavendar colored walls with a tad of glitter in the painting and the disney and whinnie the pooh, very cute.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well, i already had mine :P But I had a girl and I did Dr. Suess. My MIL actually decorated the nursery for me... she wanted to.. and I didn't want to spend the money :P. She made a quilt for Dd with cat in the hat on it. She painted two pics (one of horton the other of yurtle the turtle). She bought a cat in the hat clock and a toy holder and stickers for the walls. She bought a huge fish (the one from cat in the hat) and I use it as decoration (i have it hung up). It's really cute. I wanted pooh, but my Dh said no :(
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• don"t know baby's sex yet but doing an aquarium theme, my mom told me it would only work for a boy and it is a lot of blue but i just love it and don't think it will be wrong for a girl.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 11:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010