I have a 6 month baby and I am pregnant again...

My son will be 14 months when the new baby is born. Should I purchase another crib or buy him a toddler bed????

Kirra313

Asked by Kirra313 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He could use a toddler bed with the special rails or even a regular bed with the rails. Trouble will be to keep him in the bed when he wants out. The baby will be in a bassinet for a little while sooo that will buy you additional time. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My boys are 15 months aprart. My youngest just satrted standing in the cratle (witch means off to the crib) and now my son is almost 2 and has been in a twin bed wiht no rails for a few months now. so if your planing on using a craddle or bassanet wate it out and see where your will be toddler is at at the time.

Also if you want to add me as a friend for advice or just to talk seings how our litle ones will be the same age appart, that would be grate!
    JenKT

Answer by JenKT at 10:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My boys are 13 months apart. We now have 2 cribs. I didn't have to get the second crib right away because my youngest can still use the cradle.
    My oldest is now 16 months. Before getting the second crib, we were thinking to switch him to a toddler bed, but we don't feel he's ready just yet.

I think it just all depends on what your 6 month old is ready to do when the time comes for little baby to move into a crib.

Try not to stress too much, and if there's anything I can do to help, feel free to PM me.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 11:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• did u plan that?
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i would probably buy him a toddler bed, but keep the new baby in the bassinett for about 3 months, so that way ur son will be about 1.5years and wont be so bad. we moved ds to a toddler bed when he was about 20 months old, and never had a problem with it.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Get one of those cribs that converts to a toddler bed. That would be good.
    nicegirl90247

Answer by nicegirl90247 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2008