I am considering going back to work but having a very difficult time finding child care. After much consideration I decided that a day care would be more beneficial to my son since he would learn and socialize more than with a babysitter. The only problem is that I cannot find one in my area that works with children younger than 24 months. Does anyone know of a recommendable day care in the South Gate, Downey, Paramount, or Long Beach area?

My son is nineteen months old

JBsMom2008

Asked by JBsMom2008 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try Kindercare! I recently moved to CA from MD and they have them there and they are well know in MD. They cover all ages. I went online and seen that they are in LB. I hope this helps. Congratulations on going back to work!

http://www.kindercare.com/

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sorry, i'm not from that area...i'm in canada, actually, but I just wanted to show my support for your decision....i agree, a daycare is a great idea....I put my children in a part time daycare even though I didn't work....just a couple mornings a week to start, then a couple days each week....I think it was one of the best things I did ! I resisted against doing it for a long time....but glad I gave in !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• ooooh, also i should mention, if you have a local university or college, try their daycare....that's where i found success at first....then we went on waiting lists and moved on to something else once it became available....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• congrats to u
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not from there... but good luck!
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010