Do you ever walk on the beach and collect shells?

I've done it since I was a child. I now have shells from beaches all over the world. I have pretty jars that I keep them in and everytime we go somewhere I am always looking for cool shells and rocks. Did anyone do this as a kid and do you still do it?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I do it every time that we go to the beach, now you give me a reat idea on what to do with my shells!!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 4:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• we have a huge fish tank and whenever we see some we put em in there
    its also a great bonding time with the kids
    My DD gets excited when she sees her shells in there
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I do!! I also keep them in jars. We live on a peninsula, so practically surrounded by ocean, and I love to collect shells, sand dollars and sea glass. I will admit that I don't know anything about them, I just put them in jars as you do, and sit them around the house. My father in law was a very knowledgeable collector, and when we lost him a couple of years ago, we got his collection which is now in boxes in our garage. We know that many of them are important, but don't know enough about them. I'm planning on doing some research, and making a collection for each of our sons.....and then.....well, we'll see, it's a LOT of shells!!!

At this point every time I pick up a shell my husband or a son hollers...."NO please, not another shell!!!"
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• either that or u can create a theme for the bathroom with the shells =)
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I still do it but mainly collect sea glass at glass beach in Fort Bragg, California.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i still do i am helping my cousin start his collection and i plan to do it with my son when he's older
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 10:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yep, I always keep a few from every beach I visit. I've even made jewelry out of them before.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That would be hard to do in Missouri! I did when I went to Hawaii. I love to decorate with shells, my bathroom is decorated with shells and lighthouses.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just picked some shells this year with perfectly round holes in them in Hills Beach, Maine
    wolflinx

Answer by wolflinx at 10:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My DS & I go to the beach a lot so we are always picking up shells,sea glass,rocks.We put them in glass jars or a small basket in the spa inspired bathroom
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010