Has anyone used Alli for weight loss?

I'm just wondering if it works well and if it's worth the money. Would like some opinions before I buy any.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• save your money.

buy some quality time released vitamins and a food scale.
    use an online calculator to find out how many calories you need to eat.
    track your calories.

exercise and make sure you're drinking enough water
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i saw that too when i looked it up. i am so scared about any type of side effects i rather just exercise and eat healthy......anal leakage that is soooooooo nasty
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My mom bought me some... I took it but was so scared to eat while on it! LOL one of the side effects if you don't eat as recommended on it is "anal leakage" EWWWW!!!

I decided I'd rather just eat healthy on my own instead of getting anal leakage if I messed up and ate too much fat in a meal.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• As long as you aren't eating fatty foods, then there is no "leakage" The fact that happens when you eat greasy foods is a pretty good incentive to avoid them!! I haven't used it, but I had a good friend that did. She lost weight - about 40 lbs, but when she quit taking it, she put it back on.

Answer by missanc at 4:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010