Grand Daughter Just Turned 1 how can we stop her from hitting

we do not hit ! WE have no idea were she picked it up from , Yet this little one has one good smack !
she just turned 1 on August 6 how can we get her to stop hitting?

SCMomof2kids

Asked by SCMomof2kids at 3:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Eh, I don't hit my Dd to tell her to stop hitting, seems a bit ironic to me. I just tell her to stop and I keep her from doing it again. She really only hits when she's being bad, so the timeout thing will work when she's older, but I don't think timeout is appropriate for a 15 month old... (unless it's just me that needs a timeout from her :P). I find the best way to get a child to do something is getting on their level and having a conversation with them about it. Explain to her that hitting hurts, and that it's not good behavior and that you expect her to be behaved. If nothing else, it will help her learn to communicate quicker because talking to kids helps with that :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• get down on her eye level grab her hand and smack her hand not too hard and say "No Hitting" ..
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My son is been doing that too (he is 14 months) thanks to his grandpa, and I been doing what LEILENE said it works most of the time when it does not I put him on time out on his crib.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 3:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• each to its own sweety
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• some good answers here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We Have done the time out, the lightly smacking back saying No No Hurts! I gather we are just going have to keep doing what
    were dong, Is it is amazing how fast this knew Generation is advancing,
    SCMomof2kids

Comment by SCMomof2kids (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When you find out the answer to that one let me know. LOL. I wonder if it's nature. My kids are 6,4 and 2.
    thegoodyears

Answer by thegoodyears at 10:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOL thegoodyears
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010