Are you doing your research?

My fear is that people will vote based on what they read on boards, thru emails, to do what seems to be trendy, etc. I saw someone with a sticker on her car and I asked why she was voting for the candidate and she couldn't tell me why! I find this very disturbing. I mean does a pretty rainbow sticker that says "hope" on it do enough for you? Remember we are all going to have to live with your choice. So, are you doing your research? If not, please don't vote and make the rest of us live with your uneducated decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm voting for the pretty lady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have done my research and made my decision.

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Did you ever think that maybe that girl didnt feel like being assaulted with political banter?
    People ask me all the time why I'm voting for obama and I can tell its a strategy to argue with me about why they dont like Obama. I insead say "I dont know." and walk away.
    I've absolutely researched and decided, but I have little intention on justifying it to someone who is voting differently.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I hear you girl..that's why I'm not voting. Besides the point that I think it's pointless but we wont get into that. Anyways, I dont know enough about the candidates to make what I would consider an informed decision. That's part of the reason I will not vote this round.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have, but I would have answered you the same way. I would assume (probably correctly, based on the tone of your post and the "pretty sticker" comment) that you were just trying to start a debate. I would shut you down by saying "I don't know" because starting a debate in a combative manner suggests that you don't actually care why they're voting for that person, you just really want the chance to tell them why they're wrong. And I, for one, wouldn't play that little game.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 1:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have done my research and I am voting for Obama. I am not a mindless American that simply believes whatever is told to her - I research, evaluate, and research some more. I have to choose the candidate that best represents my views.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If they did the research they would vote Republican. Silly silly people. If Obama can't win legally, he will steal the vote. Obviously the hip music, fist bumping, and cute little girls wasn't enough. He' s not black robin hood, he's a thug.

How exactly can one steal the vote?? Oh - you mean like President Bush did??? I'm sure that is just fine with you, though, based on your above quoted post.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hmm. Yes, I have thoroughly researched BOTH candidates, and I can very happily say that NONE of my "research" came from CafeMom.

I'm voting for the "thug". How freaking racist. Really. Grow up people. People that vote on one issue and one issue alone are just lazy and don't want to learn.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• akinbottom2, you are right he isn't a black robin hood...he is half black half white. He is actually a distant cousin to McCain. That was a very ignorant statement to make IMO.

I have done my research, and I know who's policies I agree with more. I don't believe either McCain or Obama are perfect, but there is one who I agree with on more issues.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I voting for the black guy because I get butterflies when he smiles
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008