What religion does this? I'm confused.

I went to a wedding recently where the couple kissed and were pronounced husband and wife, before exchanging the rings. I have never seen this before. What religion does this? I'm just curious and didn't want to be rude and ask.

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 5:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It could just be a change in ceremonial procedure, not a religious thing at all.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not all weddings are religious.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• that happened on my wedding LOL but it was because the minister forgot to ask us for the rings LOL
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 5:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My wedding did that. It was not a religious wedding.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Wedding planner here - It's not a religious thing that I have ever come across. Just how they wrote their ceremony I would bet! More and More people today are looking for small ways to personalize or change their ceremony so that it's not identical to every other wedding, but don't really know how to better personalize, so rearranging things is an easy fix to that issue... It's different, but it didn't take tons of work to change...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have seen this many times...not in religious ceremonies.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I didn't know it had anything to do with religion. Though I have never seen the rings come after the kiss and pronouncing of husband and wife
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember my borther's wedding had a different order, I can't remember the specifics, though. We're both Jewish, but he got married in a Sepharadic temple as opposed to Ashkenazi. I do remember that they did the traditional breaking of the glass before the ceremony ended, which seemed weird to me.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yeah not all weddings are religious & it could of been just a change they wanted to do in there ceremony
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010