For those who said compramise and change the name. OK I finally agree! We should change the name of same sex marriage!

As well as any none religious marriage. I believe we should change it to.....

Holy Matrimony!!!

That's right. It does not sound as cold as civil union, and obviously no one seems to care about that name. I will personally protest and go door to door for this change. How do you like that? I think it is just peachy!!!

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It doesn't work, gay domestic partnerships, basically same rights as marriage, was legal in California, but now we have gay marriage. I'm for gay marriage, but I'm just pointing this out.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It is just marriage no matter WHOM Is getting married it is two people Fully commited to each other. .. end of story
    TwiztedMayhem

Answer by TwiztedMayhem at 6:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You two obviously didn't see the other posts. This is kinda off them. However I agree just marriage. Also though the partnership did not give over half the rights marriage does.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 6:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds good to me, the don't care what is called as long as equality is involved.

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• bumped!

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yeah older my thought was this is the only term we would not have to redefine and would give them equality. Thanks for the bump.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• IMO, it's not the name of LEGAL Marriage which should be changed, but the name of RELIGIOUS Marriage. Because Marriage has been Marriage whether legal or religious for ages and ages, but since there are already those religious groups with have a different name for their marital ceremony why not just change them all... Plus, the word Marriage, doesn't actually appear in any religious text that I know of, it does how ever show up in quite a few legal ones... But honestly, I wouldn't care. The point is the same, and as long as everyone has the right to do it, I'm all for it!

The ONLY real issue I have is I see how one would be seen as "more proper" or "better" than the other throughout certain societies and it COULD promote just one more reason for intolerance and/or disrespect... We already see this in states where we have "civil unions" and "marriage." Those who are married act as if they are better, when in fact they aren't

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Exactly sabrina.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Marriage is the union of two people who love each other. It's ridiculous to try and separate this very human (NOT godly) concept from the herd by calling part of it "gay marriage" and the other part "Holy". And a lot of "Holy Matrimony" is a good deal LESS than holy, in my experience. Marriage is marriage. It is a legal condition. It is two people making a promise to one another that there won't ever be anyone else that they will love the same way. I have always considered it to be the height of STUPIDITY to hate someone because of how they were born--because of something they had no decision in. This applies to sexual orientation, skin color, or genetic disability. Gay marriages have NO impact on christian lives or religion--just as straight marriages have NO effect on gays. You're just going to have to GET OVER IT, christians!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well said witch!!!

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010