What would u do if your SO didnt come home last night?

my SO was supposed to be hanging out with the guys for his birthday, he dropped me off at my moms house at 2pm so she and i could go do something, and i didnt hear from him until 11pm that night (his cell is broken so he has to use other ppls phones) and i told him that my mom wasnt able to take me home since she just had surgery, and i was trying to be nice and not rush him home, but i didnt hear from him at all after that, i told him that i guessed i would be staying with my mom anyway and he said that he may stay with his gradmother since she lives right up the street from where i am now, but he didnt even call to say what time he got in, or to tell me that he was at his grandmas house. i dont know whether to let it slide or break up with him, we are already rocky and he is supposed to be showing me that he can go out and have respect enuff to come home at a decent hour, do i let him off bc it was his bday????

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 6:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Personally, and I may be extreme, but I'd act like everything was fine, if you have your house key hide it in your clothes or something, say you lost your key and need his to get inside the house, he may try to keep the key but make sure you get it. Then ask him if he wouldn't mind taking 1 minute to sit in the car and think about why you might be upset.

walk to the front doo, grab any hidden keys you have, ya know under the mat, under the rock, and go inside, shut the door and lock it.

When he knocks ignore him.

This way he will have thought about his actions and why you are mad and he will understand the lock out...... I have done this, obviously because of the detail lol but it worked for me
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Honestly the same thing I did before throw all his shit at him as he walked up to the door. Then lock his ass out. Mine came crawling back in 24hrs. With an apology and a good explanation. Which was not really great but I accepted it and told him next time find another ride or never come home.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Didn't u say it was his bday on the last post? Well talk 2 him if he keeps doing all that then let him go
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 6:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've never had that problem
    tarver_kathryn

Answer by tarver_kathryn at 6:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My husband would never be going out with the guys on his birthday. He would want to spend his birthday with me and his children and any other family. If by some chance he were going out with the guys he would never not come home since he's a responsible adult and not a teenager.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well he is only 23 so i can understand wanting to party for your birthday but i wasnt expecting all that
    secondtyme520

Comment by secondtyme520 (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Is this normal for him to do? Stay out all of the time?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• his dream is to be a musician so he does have many nights where he is out late recording or performing....so yes he stays out frequently but we are supposed to be working on that so i duuno
    secondtyme520

Comment by secondtyme520 (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010