CSB Question? I have nothing to hide, but wanted to know what they achually check in your home?

I have been having probelms with the neighbor all summer long we use to be friends, but then she was telling these new neighbors a bunch of lies saying I had an affair on my DH which isn't true and that I told her that DH friends is a sex afender, but not on papers which isn't true. Well she doesn't start nothing until she gets with these 15 year old kids. Yesterday these kids were yelling at my kids saying stuff to me taking pictures of my kids outside (they weren't even doing anything wrong) taking pictures of me on the phone. I call the police they come out talk to her. Here she tells the police she wants to call CSB on me cause I am an unfit mother, I don't keep my kids clean, I don't do yardwork, and my house is dirty so the cop asked to do a walk around so I said yes she said my house is far from dirty. But if they do call CSB that they do have to come out. I am so stressed about these neighbors anymore. CONT....

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't know, but I think that if someone calls CPS on someone without a real reason, but should be charged with a crime. That's ridiculous that your neighbor is doing that!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• CPS will look at how clean your house is, how clean your kids are and how you disipline them

They get that most moms do not have the time or energy to keep the house spottless, so 75% clean is OK
    they also understand that kids get dirty at the drop of a hat, so dont worry if they haven't had their bath today
    and lastly, they get that kids have a TON of unexplained scrapes and bruises, they are just making sure that those brusies aren't in the shape of a handprint

so if you're a good mother (and i'm pretty sure you are), who doesn't ignore or beat her children and has a clean house, you'll be fine
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i went through this when a "friend" called CPS on me
    and if you do need help with anything, just ask, and they're really gald to help
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• they rent I own. I don't know how to get a hold of the landlord he is never over the house and I looked him up all I can get is a PO box. I just don't even want to live here anymore
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well, if you are doing nothing wrong, and they keep calling and accusing, they will get in trouble. So, just sit back and think of it that way....she will get her comeuppance.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if anything I should be the one to call CSB cause I see one day she was dunking her 15 month old (she is 34) underwater he was crying and coughing and doing it again and she keeps him in his crib litterly all day long from like 11 until 7 she says that he will play in his crib she never has him dressed never he is always in a diaper. But I haven't called I just try not to see it going on and mind my own business. My DH doesn't want me to call anyway cause it will open another can of worms.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• bi-polarmommy

Thankyou. Ya my kids are clean in the morning then by the time they are outside they are filthy lol. But like I told the cop my kids are likee boys lol they littely sit in the dirt and play in the dirt lol they are 5 and 2.5 years. I do clean them up if we go someplace, but as I told the cop I am not going to change my kids every 5 minutes just so they can get that outfit dirty too. I am mad that they took pictures. They said I don't do yardwork I don't know what that has to do with parenting my DH does it though. I almost think she is jelious cause my DH can help me and does help me do things to wetre her DH has COPD so it is a breathing problem. So he can't be outside when it is to hot. Her DH can't do yard work, can't pick up his son, can't play with his son, he can't help dp anything and my DH does. I don't know.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just keep your house picked up and your kids clean. If they show up they won't find anything wrong. The police officer filed a report. You can go in and ask for a copy of the report to have on hand if CPS does show up. That way you can prove that the police officer didn't find anything to substantiate the neighbor's claim. That neighbor can get herself in trouble if she keeps up with this kind of nonsense. You should be able to find out who the landlord is pretty easily. Call the county courthouse. They have records of home ownership for tax purposes.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010