TTC & Dental Work

I am TTC but I have some dental work I need done. It won't be over til Aug 18th. Should I wait on TTC until its done. They will be using a needle to numb my gums but I am not sure with what. They are fixing some cavaties.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i just had a perioscale cleaning done and i had the same worries..i called the pharmacy and asked the dentist to be double sure. They said it was fine because it was just a one time thing...and its not like you are going to be going through the entire pregnancy on the drugs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If it's only cavities it should be fine, usually they only use novocaine.  I would just ask your dentist though because they should know.

tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Call & check w/ your dentist just to make sure the chemicals he'll be using to fill your cavities won't cause any problems, you may also have to have x rays.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010