What do you use to clean your tv screen?

With these new flat screen tv's you can't just spray a cleaner on them to wash them off because the screens are very delicate and scratch very easily so I was wondering what you use to dust and clean the screen of your flat screen tv.

michelle5971

Asked by michelle5971 at 7:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2189189_clean-flat-screen-tv.html

Disconnect the power to your TV before you clean it each time. This is much safer and it will allow you to see the smudges and dirt better.

Step 2
    Choose either lukewarm water or a cleaning solution to clean your TV. Commercial cleaning kits that include both a cloth and cleaning solution are available. These cleaning solutions are specially formulated to clean flat screen TVs and monitors safely and are specifically labeled safe for "laptop screen" or "LCD screen." If you wish to use a solution, you must use one of these.

Step 3
    Dampen a soft cloth (preferably chamois, micro fiber or 100 percent cotton) with either the lukewarm water or cleaning solution. Just a gentle wiping of the screen is enough. Rubbing, scrubbing and hard pressure can damage the screen.

Step 4
    Dust your TV and its screen on a regular basis.
    iggylove

Answer by iggylove at 7:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't have a flat screen but in our house apparently we use my toddlers sticky fingers!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I want to know, too! Let me see what I can find out.
    iggylove

Answer by iggylove at 7:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Nyx7 ... very funny! I have a slew of old tvs... glass is much easier to clean. As for the new fangled ones, they are cleaned just like laptop and flat screen monitors. I use a concoction of water and rubbing alcohol on a towel. They say not to use anything with chemicals or vinegar in it, which kind a threw me for a loop since my window cleaning recipe is just water/rubbing alcohol/vinegar. But I only put in a dash of vinegar so I use it and it works just fine.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:05 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I use windex. It works for me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thank Hot Mama
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks iggylove for looking that up for us. I am currently using those electronic wipes you get at the store
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've been spraying windes on a cloth and then wipe gently...so far it's worked just fine.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They sell wipes for this purpose, we use them on our computer monitors too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I use my swiffer duster and wipe over it. I think pledge also has a new cleaner for electronics, you might try that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010