hysterectomy help!!!

i am 29, i am soon to be having a full hysterectomy as well as some other work., but my concern is how will my sex life be after i have this procedure. will it be better, worse, same., please help. and how is it on the mans point of view., how does it feel on his behalf, after the removal of my female parts., can he tell a difference. i don't know anyone to ask, and if i do, there much older and don't have a sex life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• I am not totally sure. i would guess that it is really not that different. It might even be better. I know that for me when my DH got fixed and we stopped using birth control or worrying all the time about getting pregnant we had a better sex life.

Sorry I can not be of more help. Good Luck with everything.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had a hysterectomy when I was also 29. Mine was partial. All I can say is I wish you didn't have to have it done. Mine through me into a deep depression which it tooks a few years for me to handle. I went through anxiety attacks as well. As for the sex life. It is different for me. But ppl are different, so I hope yours will be too. My aunt also had a full hysterectomy and her sex life was ok. So, I think it really depends on the individual themselves. I wish you luck and I will be praying for you as you go through this. God Bless.
    Yvette1959

Answer by Yvette1959 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My aunt, my cousin, and a dear friend of mine have all had hysterectomies, and I can tell you, it is different for everyone. My cousin and my friend have both said their sex lives improved afterward, in part because of the quality of care they recieved. It also makes a difference what type of hysterectomy you have. If the procedure will make your vaginal canal shorter, that can cause some discomfort during penetration, especially if it is deep. This is something your dr should be able to explain to you. Using a natural progesterone after can help with libido and make you feel better also.
    Good luck, and God bless...I hope you come through with flying colors!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• From what I have seen with my mother who had one about 9 years ago ish maybe 10 or more um it can change your adittude towards things. Because what they take out during the hysterectomy is a part of the body that keeps your hormones in check. with out it you can still live but you might have a chemical imbalance problem and they give you medication to help you threw the problem. The medication will help your hormones stay in check and you should be fine. Some women believe that they do not need it and after they stop taking it can change drastically and not even know it themselves. Just be careful and trust your doctor and your self on what you feel what you need to stop you from biting heads off.
    Kanami

Answer by Kanami at 2:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008