why do i always think the worst?

No matter what it is, Dh, kids, car, house, whatever. I ALWAYS think the worst will happen. Its like im waiting for something to go wrong all the time. Then when it does i feel like, see i knew, i knew that would happen!!. Im just making my life negative all the time. I dont want to, i wanna be happy. Whats wrong with me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• Well, some people have a natural tendency to think the way you describe. But that doesn't mean that you can't change that. Ultimately, it's a choice to live life negatively or to live life positively. You'll just have to overcome negative thought patterns.
    When you catch yourself thinking that way, insert a new thought (replace negative thoughts with positive ones). Practice gratitude - identify things each day that you are thankful for. Practice looking for the good in situations and in people - that doesn't mean to ignore the bad, but don't focus on it.
    Negativity takes a toll on our everyday interactions and on our physical health. You can help yourself to be a more positive person. Good Luck!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Start to change your thinking. The only thing in life we can control is how we emotionally react to stuff. When little things go wrong make a concious choice not to think the worst but brush it off & say oh well it doesn't really matter!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds like anxiety.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have a tendency to think that way with some things but that just makes me prepare for the worst, hope for the best. So If I fall in the middle, I'm covered.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Have you always been like this? If not, I would see a doctor? Heck, I would still see a doctor. You need to think happy to be happy.
    NHGal

Answer by NHGal at 8:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Always choose that half empty glass, there is no reason not to when there is a choice.

Answer by older at 8:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010