For moms who BF only adult content

So I BF, I always have more milk it seems, ever since we've been trying some solids, and now Im so excited when he wants to BF because I feel like my boobs will get some relief from the over load of milk...lol Like when swelling goes down.

Like The boulders are now water balloons and I can be comfortable with that. :)

anyone feel like that at any point?

this is why I continue, I don't want to experience engorgement again and all of that pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had that problem when I was at work. I would race home at night and hope that she would be awake so I could get some relief! I pumped at work, but sometimes it just wasn't enough! I remember coming home and my breasts being so full they were really hard and as soon as I saw my baby milk would just start spraying out!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I definitely encourage you to continue breastfeeding as long as you want, but when you and your child are ready to quit, as long as you do it very gradually, I never had any problems with engorgement when I was weaning my 4 older kids.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Still great to continue! To give yourself some relief of the engorgment feeling try hand expressing some of your milk in a hot shower. Don't let it all out but drain it a little to give you some relief. As your baby's demanding more your body will stop producing it, it just takes a little time to catch up. Ice pack in your bra are another great relief! If you can pump, pump into bottles instead of hand expressing & use to mix cereals for baby.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I just recently started day weening my 15 month old so I can go back to work. I didn't have very many problems with engorgement, but I know what you mean!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• YES continue on, but your body will adjust to increases or decreasing demands of milk. It just takes it time to re-regulate itself!

Whenever I was engorged I would stand in a warm shower and my breasts would release milk and give me some relief
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i've heard that putting cabbage leaves in your bra helps with the pain too
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just make sure to nurse first, then offer solids soon after - - you'll feel less engorgement (and that's good - engorgement can cause problems liked plugged ducts and mastitis) and baby will still get all of the nutrients he needs from you before playing with some food (solids before one are just for fun).
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• bump
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No 9 months strong, I just get so much milk
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds like you're new to breastfeeding. After a while, your body will only produce the amount of milk it needs and the pain and engorgement will stop.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010