How do you feel about partial-birth abortions?

& why do you feel that way?

fakestone

Asked by fakestone at 9:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its murder all abortion is murder!
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I am extremely pro-life. I feel that life starts AT conception and I feel that abortion is not right under ANY circumstances...yes, even in the case of rape. JMO.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think it's wrong, if you are going to get an abortion it should be done immediately, I don't think they should allow abortions after the first trimester.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Disgusting! I feel that there is no need whatsoever to ever have this done.    These are babies being murdered, plain and simple, because many of them could survive outside the mother's womb.  I'll even go so far as to say that I think that the "mothers" having this done, as well as the doctors performing them, should be charged with murder.

(I put "mothers" in quotations because I don't feel that a woman who would do this to her child is worthy of the term."

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think it's a politically charged term designed to get anti-abortionists up in arms.

The majority of late term abortions are done when the fetus does not have a chance at life and it's the safest course of action for the mother. The majority of these women very much wanted a baby and it hurts that they don't get one. I, for one, would not want to take away this choice for women who need it.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I feel that all abortions are wrong, just because we are talking about an innocent life that has done no wrong, but gets the curliest punishment possible (death), just because Mom doesn't want to raise him or her.

I totally understand that there may be external circumstances that may cause the woman to feel that she may have the right to choose to go on with this pregnancy or not, but what about the baby's choice?? When does the baby get the choice to say I want to live or I want to die? In the end it doesn't change the fact that a baby that had NO choice was killed.

We speak of rights, and we talk about choices. We are out raged by the infanticide of foreign countries. When are we going to wake up and take the log out of our own eyes??
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If the baby needs to be delivered because of the mother's health, there is an operation that can be done. It's called a C-section. If the baby dies after birth then the baby dies, it wasn't murder for the sake of the mother's health.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If a mother really wanted the baby, then why not choose an c-section over an abortion. The c-section would give the child the chance at life...which is what the mother wanted.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• In June, 1995, Dr. McMahon submitted to Congress a detailed breakdown of a "series" of over 2,000 of these abortions that he had performed. He classified only 9% (175 cases) as involving "maternal [health] indications," of which the most common was "depression."

.....tape-recorded interview with Dr. Haskell concerning this specific abortion method, in which he said: And I'll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range. . . . In my particular case, probably 20% [of this procedure] are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective.

56% of women having these cited "fetal flaws" as their reasons, but only 19% of those "fetal flaws" were fatal. Most were "flaws" such as Down Syndrome or cleft palate.

-all of the above taken from the AMA News
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• An Abortion is wrong no matter how you look at it. You're still killing that baby. It is breathing on the inside. He/She is a living person that God gave to you. I feel like it is wrong no matter how they do it.
    Yvette1959

Answer by Yvette1959 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2008