9 months preggers...

I am 9 months pregnant and have the ok from my doctor to try safe methods at home to try and go into labor, dont bash on me for it. I've tried a couple methods: sex, balsamic vinegar, pineapple Etc. Anyways last night I tried 'Labor cookies'. Basically they are ginger snaps on crack! Today I had a really loose bm and I know that usually happens prior to baby coming. Has anyone tried these 'labor cookies' and if so did they work?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never tried nor heard of them, but my doctor told me to try caster oil the night before I was scheduled to be induced and it worked. I went into labor on my own that same night so there was no need for the meds.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No and please don't do this. If your body has a negative reaction to these methods and you go into labor your experience will be horrible dealing with both. Just let nature take its course. Walking and sex is ok but don't mess with things that can do something else to your body. Please. Not bashing. Just worried.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• its just food! thanks for the concern though. I've tried castor oil, it just made me constipated! LOL with my other two it gave me the runs and put me into labor with one of them!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I dunno never heard of labor cookies, but I tell ya what sex always worked for me... doggy style actually i know its kind dirty but it tends to help the pelvic pone get ready for labor and encourages it. and iknow when your pregnant you dont feel like it sometimes, but at least twice a day for a couple days and youll be in labor by sunday... gaurunteed.... i have never been late with any of my three kids....
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 9:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• haha if her doctor said it was ok i wouldn't be concerned mckenzie
    ... sabrena do you have a recipe for these magical cookies?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yup. google them and its the first link that pops up:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yeah, I never heard of them either. Sorry, I can't be more help.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I was 12 days past my due date with my first so I know how it feels to want to try anything to get the baby out! I tried a few things but mostly I heard that if the baby isn't ready, your body won't respond and you'll just end up feeling sick or with diarrhea etc from whatever it is you ingested. I ended up having to be induced.

Good luck!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010