I am so confused.

I am in a weird relationship. we have been off and on for three years, and we've had our issues, but weve been getting close and I still love him I always have... he jsut got out of a really bad relationship, the girl broke his heart, and just a week ago, I asked him do you love me? he said he did, hes just not ready to say the words. should i be concerned about him stringing me along, because I truly truly truly love him like soulmate love him. So is it weird that I am totally stressin. I get he needs time I do, but it hurts to think that he may decide he doesnt wanna be together and I'm left broken hearted again?

SLVN_Jen

Asked by SLVN_Jen at 9:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Saying the words doesn't make it so. I'd rather a man show me he loves me. If he's your soulmate he shouldn't have to say anything. MY SO wouldn't say those words to save his life. It's just how he is but I know how he feels about me. He shows it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When a man really wants you, you will know it, no confusion about it. Men's actions speak volumes
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There is always a gamble when it comes to love, not too many people in this life experience it, so you are lucky this way, like the old saying goes, "it is better to have lost lost at love, than never to have loved at all". ou need to follow your heart whichever way it leads you.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I totally agree three years and he can't tell u he loves u.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• its actually kind of one of those things that last time we were together I hurt him........ so i think its more out of fear that he cant say it ya know
    SLVN_Jen

Comment by SLVN_Jen (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• After three years, and with him just leaving a relationship where she "broke his heart" I'd have to say that he doesn't consider you the one. If you really love him, try it out - but be careful, it just doesn't seem like this can end well for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Honestly. I understand that he just had his heart broken, but if he truely loved you he'd have been with you and not her. Love comes in many different shapes, but not all love is meant to hold two people together forever. I think you need to ask yourself if you're willing to wait for him? Yes, you love him, but are you willing to put yourself on hold for someone to come around to be with you? Sounds to me like you're a convenience to him, because otherwise he'd jump at you with all he has.

That's just how I see it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i was married..... when he was with the other girl kinda hard to be wiht me when i got married... im divorced now but ya know long story
    SLVN_Jen

Comment by SLVN_Jen (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well said Jazz
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010