Are there men out there who aren't repulsed by overweight women?

Newly single and playing the dating game. I signed up on Match.com and it seems everyone wants "slender" or "athletic and toned". I am cute, but I am 60 pounds (or so) overweight. I think I'll pass on the online dating. Isn't there someone out there for me that will take the time to get to know ME? I n the meanwhile...I am trying to lose weight (for me), but it's just so hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, tons.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I found my man when i was 100 pounds overweight...but i wasn't happy with myself....i lost all 100 pounds plus 13 more...you can do it too !!!!!! no magic pills...i did it all natural, hard work, etc......
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• tons of guys... I personally am not a fan of the whole online dating thing... you can't get to know the real person. you just see what they want you to see. I rely very heavily on looking a person in the eye when I first meet them to decide on the kind of person they are so the online stuff was never for me.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes there are men out there that like chubby women. I know it seems hard but to find a good one you have weed through all the bad ones. keep your chin up it will happen and in the meantime do something for just yourself. Take on a new hobby start walking, volunteer you never know whwre Mr Right will be lurking. Good Luck in your search!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes, there are plenty. don't buy into the lie that only thin, slendar woman are attractive to men. look at the men! are they all thin/slendar, with no beer gut or bulging spare tires?? no..yes, there are people who are attracted to other strictly on the physical (shallow, isn't it?), but most people are 'keepers' because of their emotional/mental nature. be happy with you, and others will be happy with you, too!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i agree with elizabiza online sucks but there are alot of men that love a thick beautiful women just dont give up and put yourself out there and dont let no guy or gal but u down for your weight and just remember its all about being confident about yourself

good luck
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• online you are basically judging a book by its cover...so why not put yourself out in the real world so somebody can get to know you for who you really are
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes there is. There are guys out there who prefer heavier women. My husband dated heavy and slender women before me. An ex of mine dated heavy and slender women before me as well. You're going to find a lot who say they prefer the slender women, but that doesn't mean that all of them do. A lot of them say that too, so that they'll fit in. Don't take it personally and keep searching.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had gained a lot of weight and stayed out of the dating scene for years over fear no one would want me. Turns out I wasted a lot of years bc guys like us for who we are not our weight. Ok, some like big chicks just bc they are big but my point is that meeting them online was easier for me bc I could let them get to know me as a person first. Then we moved on to meeting in person. SO met me the day he IM'd me and he's hot. He's never said anything about me being overweight. He's stuck around for years so I know he's not repulsed.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Absolutely! I had a good friend who is a large woman and her husband just adored her (he's normal weight).
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010