Why do you spank your kids?

Would it work if someone in authority spanked YOU?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope never could do that. My Mother beat me w/a belt so to me that was a no no! How can you teach a child DO NOT HIT, and turn around and punish them by hittting them?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• why the hell do you care? I spank my DD because I choose to. She is a happy, loving, well adjusted child who harbors NO ill feeling to me whatsoever. What I do with my child really does not affect you.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I spanked my children because it is the only method of discipline which is sanctioned by the Bible, which is also the book by which I have tried to live all the rest of my life. My children turned out to be Godly men and women, and strangely enough, they now spank their own children, who are very well behaved and respectful of authority. People seem to have the idea that spanking is sort of the easy way out, but that could not be farther from the truth. It is a very difficult thing to do, but the sacrifice is well worth the reward for those who choose to do it in honor of the God who said that it would work.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Parents discipline in different ways. Would you like it if someone had the authority to put you in timeout? Probably not. I personally don't care what you do with your kids and it shouldn't matter to you what I do with mine. It is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. :)
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I never spanked my kids it means nothing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I spank my after telling numerous time to stop doing something. What do you to to punish your child and would it help if someone was in authority over u?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I almost gave a sincere answer to this question but the second line makes it sound like you aren't really interested in hearing it so I'll just leave it at that
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If the momma don't spank what in the world do u do to punish them. I know your kids are not always good . And let me know those it always work.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I spank mine because it works. I was spanked as a child and I turned out very well. I was also paddled at school and knew to behave there. Why would I need to be spanked as an adult? I learned to behave as a child.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would have to agree with Nannyb...about it being in the bible. My dh does most of the spanking and he will tell my kids "I dont want to spank you but if you doint listen you will get one" It hurts us more than it hurts the kids.
    kvaneyk

Answer by kvaneyk at 10:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010