Should I be concerned?

My son told me yesturday day that a boy at hes preschool kissed a girl on the mouth. I had alittle talk with him i asked if any of the teachers seen this haoppened. He said, no they were hiding. I explained to him that that was wrong, they are to young to be kissing on mouth and he told me, mommy I know that. So i'm pretty comfortably that my son knows that's not something he should do. But should i be concerned about the daycare and the lack of supervision. I did speak with hes teacher today and told her what my son had told, I thought they should have been aware of the situation. Very concenred about what my son is learning from other children. I try my best to show him whats right from wrong. And then to go to school and see other wise scares me.

phoenixjuelz

Asked by phoenixjuelz at 9:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• goo d thing on telling the day care and you talking to your son is the right thing to do he sounds like a smart boy have some faith in him
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thank You, he is a good boy, And I make sure I tell him everyday that I love him and that he is a good boy. I just want to raise good little men to become great men in the future. Thats the biggest goal I have for my life. :)
    phoenixjuelz

Comment by phoenixjuelz (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• thats a great goal just keep given them all that good advise and always talk to him about his day in day care to make sure no more kissing is going on in-front of him
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think it is reason for concern.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No cause for concern over lack of supervision. Even if you have the alloted ratio of teacher to students...if one kid has fallen down and is crying and another is climbing on something and needs to be removed, then, two sneaky kids have ample time to crawl into the tunnel/playhouse/whatever and give a quick peck on the mouth. Just tell the teacher at the daycare and they will know to keep an eye on those two kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think you did the right thing... kids are going to be exposed to things in public that we prefer them not to see, regardless of how much you try to protect its just going to happen... you have to talk to them about it (like you did) and work on instilling your values in his life. I think talking to the daycare was a good move too... they need to keep a closer watch
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Also, the very chance of learning something at school is the reason why I made sure my son and I had sex/girl talks starting young and often and more in-depth as he got older. No need to let him learn wrong at school. And yes, no matter how supervised kids are...they can find a way around anything and will talk to/show your kid all sorts of info.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It was most likely harmless. I don't think it should've been a "Talk" worthy situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They are to young for that. The only thing you can do is teach your kids the right thing, and pray to God that it stick under the peer pressure and all.
    thegoodyears

Answer by thegoodyears at 10:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Kids that age do that - I wouldn't be overly concerned. Letting the teacher know was a good idea, but I'm sure they see these things happen on occasion. Kids like to emulate their parents, KWIM?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010