How do you store your kids artwork?

My son is just starting to draw us pictures and they are everywhere! I am trying to figure out a good way to keep them all together somewhere out of the way. My husband is an artist so I *KNOW* there will be lots more as he gets older and it's important to us that we keep them. We have a few spots on the fridge for the special ones, but what do you do with the rest?

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 10:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• in a scrapbook
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• more details on scrapbook idea... if its a bulky project or something too big to put in the book then display it for a little while (you decide) and then take a picture of it to put in the scrapbook
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I like the scrapbook idea..my kids are always making pictures or some kind of project at church..most of the things that they make at church are magnetic so our refrigerator is getting full. the other pictures that arent hanging up I have in a file in my desk ...I'll have to work on the scrapbook though..if I find time
    kvaneyk

Answer by kvaneyk at 10:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have an art box for each of my children. It spends some time on the fridge and then when new ones come along I move their artwork to their box. A few things we also give to relatives for birthday or grandparents day, ect. My son's very first project is framed hanging on his wall.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Our kids both really enjoy creating art and we end up with oodles of it. I made both girls a large bulletin board for their rooms to display some of their favorites. For drawing, we purchase spiral bound sketch books and they date the front of the book when they start it and the back of the book when the finish it. We also have a large rubbermaid under-bed box for each girl where we keep projects (in the works projects go under their beds, completed projects go in boxes under my bed. Since we homeschool this keeps all of their big project work together and off my dining room table. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Scrapbooking is one way I have a box for my daughters art work and she's good at it. I would pick even a few to frame for his room and change them out often the frig for a while. If they will fit in a notebook you can punch holes in them and just keep them in there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I bought a cardboard storage box with multiple pull out cardboard drawers. It has enough space in each individual drawer to put all that wonderful artwork into for future admiring. It keeps everything together nicely.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have a few that are framed and the rest of what I kept are in a big plasic container with a lid up in my closet. I have projects and artwork they did in there
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• *it's one of those containers you can slide under a bed
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks everyone!! What great suggestions.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2010