TTC Girl

I am TTC for baby #2. We have a 10 month old son. I know its silly but what are some myths or methods for trying for a girl? I had a mirena IUD in for 10 months so I have not had a period and I am breastfeeding. Last time I had my IUD removed I got pregnant without having a period. I am saying that because I know some of the methods have to do with tracking ovulation days. Can I do that without a period? I know its a 50/50 shot but just for funsies!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've heard missionary position and to have sex everyday after your period to 3 days before you ovulate. Something about the girl sperm is slower so you want the boy sperm to swim fast and have no egg to fertilize and give the girl sperm time to get there for the egg.Good Luck!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You can google all sorts of things on the Internet, but truly - you have a 50-50 shot regardless of what you do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There really aren't any scientific methods, it's all old wife's tales.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010