Water break???

I am 9 months preggers. I was going to the bathroom and I finished and went to wipe and all of a sudden a big gush of 'water' came out. I'm not sure if it was my water breaking or just extra pee. my water has never broken on its own. I'm not feeling and leaking or contractions, could it still be my water. I have an appt with my doctor later today anyways so I will have him make sure then.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait to see the doctor. And if you no longer leak...I would assume it is just pee.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Big gush of water AFTER you pee? 9 mos preggo? I'd say yes.

My water broke and I did not have any contractions right away. I had to be given pitocin at the hospital to get the contractions going.

Is any more fluid coming out?
    I would call your doctor now. The baby is now losing fluid, so you should go in.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had to go through this twice... I woke up one morning and had to pee, I was just laying in bed trying to get motivated to get up. Then this big gush of stuff came out! At first I thought Great I just peed the bed... But then I realized I still had to pee!! So I got all excited and called my mom and my husband and all that. I had an appt with my midwife that afternoon. I packed my bags and sat and waited... and waited... and waited... Midwife said it wasn't my water. I did this twice. If you have an appt today I would just wait. Just try to be extra careful with what you do. (I did learn later that some women can have multiple sacks of water)
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, I would definately say it was your water breaking. Even if you leak pee, it doesn't gush.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• make sure you increase your water intake until you see your doctor, baby can get dehydrated easily after water breaks, would call ahead to see if there are other precautions you should take, just tell them you think your water broke but there are no other signs of labor and ask what, if anything, you should do until you see the dr, some drs will send you straight to hospital others will wait to check you in office, if ANYTHING changes call back or go to hospital.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 11:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010