Have you seen The Business of Being Born?

I'm watching it right now. It's been on my Amaon list for over a year or two, but I finally found it on Netflix instant play. I recommend that every woman watch it at least once. So far I just find myself nodding along with everything because it's all things that I learned during my months of vigorous research while I was pregnant.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. Change my whole outlooks on things and now if I ever have another child I want to have it at home.
    Krissy21

Answer by Krissy21 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, I loved it.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 10:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, saw it, loved it! Also, Pregnant In America. I watched both for free:  http://www.letmewatchthis.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes I did, and it made me so angry
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I absolutely loved it and would love for everyone to be able to see it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• that they pushed meds on so many moms, and at myself for letting my dr induce me
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yep and I totally agree! I love that movie and am soo glad that Rikki Lake made the movie.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yeah.....I found it informative. But in the end they kind of shoot themselves in the foot and make the point of why I will never home birth! :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Had I a home birt, both my first and fourth children would not have survived..and with my 4th, neither would have I. I don't think you have to be all drugged up, but I do think medical people are around for a reason.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That was supposed to be "Amazon" lol. And I'm not trying to start anything, so please nobody start bickering or anything. I was just wondering who else has seen this and stating my personal opinion about how I think that just devoting a couple of hours of time to a single documentary can drastically increase someone's knowledge about the birth process and whatnot.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010