I want to loose weight and I prefer the gym, but finances are a little tight rite now what do I do?

thegoodyears

Asked by thegoodyears at 10:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• buy some dvds and work out at home, or go for a walk
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Women's Health Magazine online has work out sequences you can print. Yogajournal.com has some too. If you have stairs in your house do step aerobics with weights, get dvd's, dance...get outside and walk or run.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i think walking is the best. i love to walk i really can clear my mind. get you mp3 or ipod going and pick a SAFE PLACE to walk.(park with people around during the day or afternoon while people are out and about) leave the kids at home and enjoy.........you can really clear your mind.....
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Dvds, youtube, self.com, women's health magazine, walk, run.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 12:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Walk, run, take a dance class through a local community college or rec center.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Interval training at home... Do a high energy exercise for 1 minute (or 30 seconds, 2 min, 5 min... however long you choose) like jumping jacks, running in place, jumping in place, high kicks and so on. Then do a "recovery" exercise such as stepping side to side, walking in place... for however long you need to recover ( I like to use this time to do resistance training... bicep curls, walking lunges, sit ups, tricep dips...) Then repeat for as long as you would like:) I like it because I get to make it up as I go and I don't get bored. Put on some fun music and you will love it!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• couch to 5K.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I do not want to select who gave the best answer. All of the answers were helpful! Thanks ladies for the support.
    thegoodyears

Comment by thegoodyears (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010