Anyone ever torn their ACL?

About 8 years ago I was in an accident, I tore my ACL in half, and twisted and pulled all the other ligaments and tendons in my knee. I had ACL replacement surgery. Now 8 years later if I just step wrong my knee swells up like crazy and it still hurts. Does anyone else have this problem? I was told I have tenonitis in my patella tendon now, which probably causes a lot of the pain. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help with the pain? I have a little slip on brace, but I don't want to wear it all the time, because I'm not sure if I should wear it all of the time.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• Can you take advil? I would ice it and elevate it. My 16 year old just had an ACL reconstruction, they told him that there would be times when his knee would hurt and swell from over use and to take advil and ice it.
    Hope this helps.
    Sadim24

Answer by Sadim24 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2010