freezing corn?

could i peel the cob off the corn and freeze the corn?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Absolutely, but if you want something truly delicious here's what you do. Cut all the corn off the cobs and put it in a roasting pan. Add milk, cream and butter...just a touch of cream, so that the ratio is 2 parts corn to one part liquid. Butter to taste. And then add just a bare sprinkling of sugar. No salt, as that will toughen the kernels: You know when you get frozen corn at the store sometimes and it seems like touch and chewy nuggets? That's because they salted, usually. Anyway, put the roaster in the oven at 350*f and roast until the corn is tender-cooked. Cool, put into ziploc bags and freeze flat...you can get a lot of them in the freezer this way, if you'd doing a lot of corn. When you take it out you can heat in a pan or right in the microwave...it will taste like summer on a plate!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Sure you can! My husband's grandfather has a large cornfield, sweet corn to boot ;) and they always send us home with a HUGE bag every year. I freeze the whole cobs even, but the most of it I cut off the cob and put it in resealable plastic bags and into the freezer!! it stays good for a LONG time too! I'm not really sure on the time limit, we usually use it all up within 6 months, I don't know if it would last longer than that, but if it's not cooked I wouldnt' see why it wouldn't last up to a year.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• corn can last up to a year or 2 in the freezer as long as u got good freezer bags!! i think we only have 2 bags left after last years... they useally get all used up in a year...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Oh yeah, sure! We do that all the time. It won't hurt it a bit! Like one of the above posts said, corn will last up to a year or 2 in the freezer. I love corn, myself.

PoohBear424

Answer by PoohBear424 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 7, 2008