Have you ever gone to a farm to pick your own pumpkin?

It sounds like fun! I never have but my kids have in the Fall on a school trip. I turned the pumpkin they brought back into a pie. I was told by the teacher that my son was extremely fussy over which one he was going to choose at the farm, since he told his teacher "Mom was going to make a delicious pie out of it" Pretty funny come to think of it.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• every year...We have vineyards like crazy and farms in wine counrty California
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i have but it has been a long time ago.. its fun!
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Every year! A trip to the pumpkin farm and apple orchard is just part of autumn here!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my mom used to take us pumpkin picking and apple picking that was almost 30 years ago.ahhhh fun times :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh that is our favorite outing of the fall we all go there are lots of us we have 6 kids 12 grandkids and our kids spouses and go to the Pumpkin patch we have tried lots of them around here some of them even have like haunted houses and lots of fun stuff to do I love going on the hayrack ride to find our pumpkin. Last yr we bought several so I could make pumpkin seeds. Never went as far as the pie making though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We go every year...there's tons of cider mills.farms here in MI. There's always other activities besides picking your own pumpkin. They'll take you out on a hay wagon to pick the pumpkins. Sometimes there will be mazes made out of hay bales, kids love it. And of course there's always fresh cider, apples, baked goods, yummy jams etc. You should go...it's a blast!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We go every year. It's become a family tradition. We get to the farm and hop on the hay wagon. They haul us out into the middle of a HUGE pumpkin patch and we wander around for probably an hour at least each time to pick out the perfect pumpkin. Then they come around again to pick us up so we can take our perfect pumpkins back to the main house to pay for them and load them in our cars. Then it's time for apple cider and pumpkin cookies at the Old Barn Concession stand before heading home. It's my favorite day of every year. Once fall officially hits, I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas thinking about our trip to the pumpkin patch. My husband thinks it's hilarious.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We do it every year! It is so much fun, and I can't wait to do it again this year! My kids have a ball doing it!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, we go every year too... pumpkin picking and apple picking. We love it. We live around tons of farms so they are all over the place here.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:44 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It is the ONLY way to go! Soooo much fun...take your cameral momma and get ready for some super memories with your children!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010