my baby has found away of opening my kitchen cupboards

hi moms my baby of 10mths loves to fly around in his walker but he keeps pulling out my kitchen drawers and pushing them back in again but he gets his fingers caught i have tried lockes but nothing kees them shut any other solutions.

stefin

Asked by stefin at 10:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gate off the kitchen
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:37 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree with Syphon
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Can you take the knobs off? If not, I agree, gate off the kitchen. They also sell U-Clamps for cabinets that hooks two doors together at once, but that's only for the doors. I would just take the knobs off the drawers.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I use magnetic locks on our kitchen drawers which leaves a very small gap when they pull on them.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Or you could take him out of the walker. Thats one reason walkers are not safe to use.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Try a different type of drawer lock. Or start disaplining him whenever he opens the drawers. Ten months is the age we started with time outs and it works really well.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We have magnetic locks. You have to use a magnet in order to unlock the latch to open the cabinet. I have one cabinet that I leave without locks on it for her to play in. I have plastic storage dishes and other baby safe things in there for her to play with while I'm cooking or cleaning.
    Here are the locks we use
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265782
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• either put a gate up in the kitchen or put some child proof things on the drawers and cabients so he cant get in them
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• First of all, get rid of the walker. The US is the only industrialized country that has not banned baby walker.

For the cabinet, put a cute rug in front of one cabinet, filling with pots, spoons measuring cups, etc. This will be your child's cabinet.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010