Can anyone tell me how to get a 6 year old to stop wetting the bed? We do not give her anything to drink after 7 pm. It just doesn't seem to help. Thanks.

Yvette1959

Asked by Yvette1959 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Some kids sleep too deeply to wake up when they have to pee, or they lack the sensation. It can take till puberty to grow out of.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Nothing to drink at least two hours before bedtime. Make her pee right before she goes to bed. If she says she doesn't have too, make her try. and maybe you should try getting her up to pee again right before you go to bed.
    candinicolo

Answer by candinicolo at 3:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• put it this way i use to wet the bed also i didnt stop till i was nine (pullups were used for spending nights at friends) one night i just stopped my mom would also wake me when she went to bed but dont punish or paddle because of it because it just scares us and makes them wet the bed more it can also have something to do with stress because i was in fostercare then adopted so maybe you should check things out in the home or at school and see if she is getting picked on or feels ignored at home also a doctor once told my foster mother that if we felt we had to pee during the day that we had to hold it for 10 min so it could stretch our bladders this of course did not work but was cruel instead do no drink 2 hrs before cept a sip or so and try cutting out pop and other sugar drinks hope that helps
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 6:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I wet the bed until I was nearly 6. My parents tried everything. What finally worked was a bedwetting alarm. These have a sensor that either goes in the undies/pull-up or under the sheet. When any fluid hits it, it sets off an alarm and wakes the child. It helps retrain the child's sleeping brain to hear that "I've got to PEE!" message and to wakeup and do something about it. It worked for me in just one night but I think the average is 2 weeks.
    You can find them at most medical supply stores or here:
    http://bedwettingstore.com/category_alarms.htm
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• you may have to take him/her to the doctor to be put on a certain kind of steroid that helps control bladder function, my husband wet the bed till he was 6 and that is what they had to do.. jsut a thought..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• there is many resans she does she dreams about lakes and river and then she wets and the hole be for 7 thing does work sometimes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! getting help form one of use will help but what time does he/she gose to bed make them go peee in tthe kid up he night like wake up amd then make them go to the bathroom some kids it happens do not get made jest do npy get mad at then
    angelgirl437

Answer by angelgirl437 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My doc says it's due to hormones. My dd is almost 6
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008