Why should I have sex with my husband? adult content

Some posters on here have said that you should not withhold sex from your spouse if you are angry with him. So even though I'm angry and hurt, I'm just supposed to let him do that to me whenever he wants? Should I just lay there and let him do it or pretend I like it and play along? And how is that fair to my DH to let him have sex with me when I'm not feeling those feelings for him and I have to pretend I want to kiss him and make love to him?

RainingHeart

Asked by RainingHeart at 10:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• To have sex with your DH when you know you are angry/frustrated will just send a message that your feelings are irrelevant. If he wants to have sex with you, he should be prepared to address whatever issue(s) exist prior to sex.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I find that absurd. Having sex when you don't feel like it just because your husband thinks he needs it is rape IMO.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i dont. if i am angry he can suffer right along with me. i think forcing an emotion or just letting him "have his way" with you while you lay there is stupid. either you make love as husband and wife, as equals or not at all!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I will NEVER just "take one for the team". Sex is about sharing a mutual love and affection for each other. It is not about feeling "horny" and "oh damn we are married and you are my only option so come here". If my husband is not respecting me and treating me as a person, then there is no way I am sharing the gift of my body with him just because he has a itch to scratch.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There's a difference between not having sex because you are angry and using sex to manipulate a situation. If you are genuinely hurt/angry with your DH, talk to him about it. If you just want to hurt him by not having sex you aren't accomplishing anything, KWIM?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:31 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• don't. i agree that isn't fair. are things going to get better for you, or is the relationship doomed? some of the intimacy, and not just wham bam thank you ma'am, might help bring you two closer though.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• You dont have to have sex if you dont want to. Ive never heard anyone say that you should.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i wouldnt have sex either make him suffer
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I find that even if I am not in the mood once we get started i like it too.
    Mallard

Answer by Mallard at 10:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• hill2... so, you're a walking, talking vagina and your only purpose is to give your husband an orgasm even if you don't feel like it? I find that SICK.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010