Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Should I ask for help from baby daddy?

I broke up with the father of my two boys. He doesnt have a court order child support. Should i ask for money for the kids from him, Or should try to do myself?

Answer Question

Asked by phoenixjuelz at 10:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (140 Credits)
Answers (17)
  • he helped make those two cute boys he can help provide for them. Just because you didn't want him anymore doesn't mean his kids don't NEED his support. ask, whats the worst that can happen?

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • go get a court order and if you feel you don't need it put it in an account for your children for later, college, wedding whatever.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • I think you should get a court order for child support.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:48 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • They are still his children, so court ordered or not he should be giving you money. The responsibility of caring for them/catering to their needs still exist. So yes, you should definitely ask for help. If he refuses then go the legal route. Also, have some evidence of the agreement made, so that you don't get screwed over - which will inevitably affect the children.

    Good luck

    Answer by Awakened1 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • just because you are not together dosent excuse him from taking care of the shouldnt have to ask for help but based on your relationship with him and how he behaves only you know. but i would file for child support it may tak awhile but unless he follows through on his responsibilities child support may be the best way good luck

    Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • yes they r still his kids and he should want to help

    Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • Whether he wants to help or not, they are legally his responsibility. Yes, you need to get a court-ordered child support agreement.

    Answer by caseyandkids at 11:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • ask him to help you with them it is his responsability. you didnt make them alone so now tell him to help you. its posible for you to do it alone and stuff withough asking him for anythign but thats just not fair for your kids because you will spend more time working or having a harder time while your ex is having the time of his life withough anything to worry about. if you dont want to put child support on him atleast come to an agreement. and then just write it and make sure you both sign. that way you have something in writing in case some day he decides he doesnt want to do it anymore.

    Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • it wont hurt to ask

    Answer by britme1027 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • The best thing to do is go to your local child support agency, and have it done through them. This way, ALL of your rights are protected, his included.

    Answer by Scuba at 11:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.