If you've been to New York City, what do you think of the people there?

I live in New York, but I really want to move away from the city. I don't like New Yorkers because many people are rude and materialistic. They are only interested in money, and don't care about art and culture. They also pollute the environment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Travel

• I live here. I love New Yorkers!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am a jersey girl. I used to go to NYC almost every weekend! I love nyc! There will be rude and materalistic people everywhere you go. I live in south georgia right now and as much as I love the southern hospitality, my town has its share of rude and materialistic people. I won't move because of them. My sister lived in nyc for many years. She had a good job and really changed her lifestyle. She recently moved to Oregon to get away from the city life. She and I are country bumpkins (yes there IS country and forest in north jersey lol)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• well i was born and raised on LI and moved away 15years ago....i totally miss it....but like owl feather said there are rude people everywhere you go
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Granted, New Yorkers can be rude but they don't have the corner on the market by a long shot. And I totally disagree with you about them not caring about art and culture. NYC is one of the biggest art and cultural centers of the world!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 11:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think there's a huge variety of types of people.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:04 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• rush rush rush...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I love NYC; the culture, the people, the neighborhoods - it's one of my favorite places to visit. I find the people to be honest and straight forward - something I appreciate. My DH and I even met there :) I don't think I could live there though, it's really busy and I prefer to live in the suburbs.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i went in the 8th grade on a class trip.. lol....
    They had places to go thats for sure! And the motel we stayed at our teacher made sure we was inside one night because of a hockey game near by.. they said there was a small chance of a riot or something lol..
    generally a nice place... i want to go back!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I just recently visited NYC for the first time a few weeks ago. I love it, It was totally different that what I thought it would be. I did not come across any rude people. The people pretty much kept to themselves. I found the subways and sidewalks clean. It wasnt as loud as I thought it would be. I was expecting constant honking and sirens, I actually had to say. Hey where's all the noise. They have more museums than any city that I know of. So forsure they are into art and culture. What about Broadway. The do however have alot of money. Mostly Manhanttans. Its juts the place where people with alot of money like to live. Birds of a feather flock together. If you cant make it there tho, you will be chewed up and sit out in a NY minute.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have been there several times, and enjoyed the people that I met.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010