Does anyone happen to know what the average ring size for a 4 year old is?!?

Has anyone had a ring made or gave a ring to a 4 year old? What was their ring size and which finger was it for? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Think of the choking hazard... I would never give a ring to a kid that age.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't know, but make sure whatever size you get it can be adjusted. You don't want them to outgrow it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:55 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 4 year old has worn rings - she would never put it in her mouth. It depends on the child. Look at the size of Polly Pockets, way smaller than a ring.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Why in the world would you buy a ring for a 4yr old. They have no concept of jewelery and that ring will be lost by the end of the day
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughters didn't wear rings at age 4. I prefer that they have things to look forward to, things that are given at certain ages. There's no need to rush them into being adults.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 10:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I hate the "Choking hazard" comments here. She must have thought about that or she wouldnt have posted the question. Different cultures around the world put rings on infants and they are just fine. DD is 4 and she wears a size 2 in rings but like it was mentioned all kids are different you'd have to get the child's ring size checked or make sure the ring is able to be resized without damaging the design on the ring if there is any.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The issue I see with out measuring the child's finger is that some 4 year olds have not lost the Chubby Baby Fat fingers and some have. I'd take her and have her sized or buy an adjustable size ring.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I just want to say, geez people can be SO rude! Sleeping Beautee: I think this mother knows whether or not her child can handle not putting something that small in their mouth. Maureen: Your comment that a four year old has no concept of jewelery is so incredibly ignorant it's scary! Also, it's none of your business why she wants to buy her child a ring. Casey: Good for you and your kids, but that's not what she asked. Pam, Zoe and Twins: My daughter always wants to put my rings on but of course the don't fit. I found some inexpensive ones and had the same question, which is how I found this. Thank you for your suggestions! To the mom who posted the question: I hope your child enjoys their ring!
    amber299

Answer by amber299 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2012