Weening.

What do you do when your child refuses the milk from a cup and then begs to breastfeed?

She's 16 months old, and I have to go back to work soon, and she's only getting mik there. It's been a month since I breastfed her during the daytime... but for some reason she's still asking.. She didn't mind this much until right now, before she was fine with taking milk from a cup!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Whoever told you that was wrong and not educated in BFing. At this age children do JUST FINE nursing when they are with mom and using a cup when mom isnt available.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i wouldnt give it to her during the day it will be harder to get her off it again .try juice and different stuff in her cup .good luck
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Maybe she senses you are going to work soon and acting out.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• shes asking because breast milk is best from the tap lol. i guess i dont see the problem nursing her when you are around and having someone else give a sippy when you are at work. my daughter is 18 months old and does just fine doing this when she goes to her fathers for weekend visitation.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 11:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I asked a question about starting work, and I asked if it'd be alright for me to breastfeed her all day long up to the point of starting work, and someone who had worked in a daycare said not to do this and to get her used to JUST drinking from a cup during the day before she started. She'd been doing really well for a month, but after nap today she absolutely refused the sippy and just wants to nurse :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Can you give her breastmilk in a cup and slowly transition back to milk?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2010