What are my rights? adult content

Does my dh have a right to information from my doctor or the right to ask the doctor question and get an answer?

I have an embarrassing health issue and would like to talk to the dr freely withOut dh there or the dr talking to him first before me. This always seems to happen when I see a dr. I'm nervous about talking to the dr because I know he'll talk to dh first. (no, I didn't do anything wrong)

As my dh does he have that right and why does this always happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Health

• He has zero rights. HIPPA laws.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Your doctor is WAY out of line for discussing your medical issues with your husband AT ALL!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• they give you papers to fill out at your doctor asking you that. Like if its okay to share info with spouse...or leave messages on your phone. you have to sign
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He has whatever rights you give him. HIPPA protects your privacy with your doctor, unless you sign for him to be allowed access.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• NO even you have privacy and married or not you husband can't get that info unless you listed him as one of the people that can have information released. Yes as your DH he as a right to know what's up with you but you're the one that needs to tell him. You married for goodness sake you shouldn't be keeping any secrets espeically if it's about your health.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• As the other poster said, he has NO right to your medical history/talking to your doc, etc. You would have to give permission to the docs office to release any information to him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• if you signed saying it was okay then they have the right to share
    shay1130

• He has no right. And maybe you might any to change doctors.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 11:12 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He has no right if you don't know him to know.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• the doctor has no right to tell anybody about watever you have unless you tell him he can. so his not supose to tell your hubby unless you tell him he can give results or tell him. and well you can just tell hubby to wait for you outside or to not go with you when you go to the doctor
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010