Are they the same?

I found a recipe for white barbeque sauce that calls for white wine worcestershire. The only thing I have found at the stores is Lea & Perin's worcestershire marinade for chicken with herbs and white wine. Does anyone know of any other worcestershire with white wine or should I just use the Lea & Perin's type?

MyGiftsFromGod

Asked by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• White wine Worcestershire is different than the marinade you're describing. You can try it, but be aware that you'll have to adjust the other seasonings in the recipe, and it's not going to end up as the recipe intended. (It could still be fantastic though!!). If you have a Whole Foods or a gourmet cooking store close they may have what you need.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's not the same, but I'm sure it'll be delicious!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 11:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I LOVE the "Lea & Parens, sounds like a good idea! thanks for reminding me to pull something out for din-ner!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010