What kind of a man would do this?

I have severe postpartum from a miscarriage - i'm not going to butter it up, i've been a mental case for the past 6 weeks. Yes, I am getting help, counseling and medication. My SO left me over this. He said he didn't know how to deal with it anymore. What kind of a man bails on someone he says he loves while she has postpartum?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• A terrible one. Sorry about what you are going through.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• a man who is out of options. Give it some time and get yourself healthy, if he really loves you he will be back and you two can talk this through. He might be having his own issues about the loss and not know how to deal with it at the same time you are.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It sounds like he is at the end of his rope, not every man is able to deal with things like this. I'm sorry. Keep going to counseling, get yourself well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• hugsThe same kind that bailed on me after he found out I had hypothryoidism not severe as yours but a nasty one to say the least. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hugs

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Maybe it was just too much for him. Men are affected by miscarriages too, they just don't show it like us, and so maybe that fact of you not being able to get through it was making him worse too .

I'm not trying to make excuses for this guy, it was wrong and childish of him. I'm just pointing out that there might be a bigger underlying cause and maybe you two can get together in not too long and work it out and support each other in this hard time.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:41 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• A weak one. Men are not as emotionally strong as we are.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• One who either really didn't love you or one who also needs counseling for the grief that he is going thru. Often we forget that not only did the woman have a miscarraige and loss her child but also that the man lost his child as well. Give it time to settle and if you want then talk to him. See what's going thru his mind. They also think it's their fault at times and put a heavy burden on themselves. If only they had been home the baby might have lived, If only they had helped clean up the house you might not have lifted something heavy causing the miscarriage, if only.......
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• One who maybe needs counsling also. Your getting help with your grief but he walked away instead of getting help with his.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• he was a jerk for leaving you im sorry to hear what you been threw i hope everything is ok with you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010